JJ Luna

Cashing Check Privately

Submitted by:
I want to cash a check made out to me and received from a party whom may subsequently be invloved in litigation with me. I do not want to deposit such check in my bank account, for fear they will then know my bank and account number. Other than endorsing such check to a friend (who then reimburses me with cash), what are my immediate options?

JJ Luna Responds:

Go to the issuing bank and cash the check in person. Or, if too far away, why not call the bank? Ask them if you can mail the check to them and have them issue a bank cashier's check in your name. Offer to pay the fee and include a photo copy of your passport.
comments powered by Disqus

< Back to Questions & Comments

© 2013 - JJ Luna, All Rights Reserved.