JJ Luna

RE: #6758: social security number and Canada

Submitted by:
We do have Health Insurance Numbers but they are used only for health insurance at the provincial level. Each province (like a state) administers its own health care.

Federally, there is the Social Insurance Number. The Social Insurance Number (SIN) is a nine-digit number that you need to work in Canada or to have access to government programs and benefits.

URL #1: http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/sc/sin/index.shtml

JJ Luna Responds:

Thank you for the correction, Guy.
comments powered by Disqus

< Back to Questions & Comments

© 2013 - JJ Luna, All Rights Reserved.