Many people have asked me about Twitter and other social media sites. While I speak about this topic in my book "How To Be Invisible", I will share some of my best tips here.
Note: Always consider anything you post on the internet to be "public". You never know when something may be exposed via an incorrect setting, a new feature you didn't expect, or a problem with a web site or provider.
My Twitter Feed
I've setup a twitter feed available at @MrJJLuna on Twitter. This was done to help send information out about new blog postings, new e-Book offerings, and to use a new avenue to get my message out. There are some helpful tips below on how to view my feed "privately", without needing to follow me, along with some other recommendations if you'd like to follow my posts.
If you want to view my information anonymously:
1) Don't sign up for an account and visit https://twitter.com/MrJJLuna regularly. This will show just my posts.
2) Make sure you're using HTTPS on the URL and the transmission will be SSL Encrypted between your browser and Twitter.
If you want to follow me on Twitter:
1) Create a new Twitter account OR use an existing twitter account if you've followed the safety tips in the remaining steps.
2) Create a fake name and associate it to a new email account from a reliable service (Gmail, Yahoo, Etc)
3) Don't provide any information other than what is absolutely required by Twitter
4) Don't ever POST to your Twitter feed
5) Don't put a profile photo up, it's not necessary
6) Don't ever follow other friends or family - use this account JUST for following those who you want to get updates from
7) Visit the Twitter feed link above and click "Follow" when prompted to follow me
8) These steps are necessary as you will be visible as a "follower" of @MrJJLuna. If you'd like to communicate with me on Twitter you're welcome to using this new anonymous account you've setup.
Remember, you can post questions on the Questions & Comments area of this site